Friday, July 24, 2009

A Wedding Card...

Sorry for the delay the past few days...I had to finally just make myself go downstairs and take pictures of cards I've been working on! Actually, my husband and I are going to a wedding tomorrow and I "HAD" to go downstairs to my room and make a card, and then I knew I needed to take a picture so I could show all of you before I took it and gave it away. Then I decided to just make a bunch of pictures of all the cards I've been working on so now I'll have stuff to post over the next few days!! Yippee!!

Anyway...onto the reason you stopped by. I've had a headache most of today and just wasn't in the mood to think something up for a wedding card. I had to get the invitation out to check on the directions and realized that I could use the invitation as inspiration. I'm not sure who made these invitations, but I'm pretty sure they were hand-stamped...here is the invitation ~


And a close-up of the stamped part...


And here is my wedding card for them...


Using the invitation for inspiration made the wedding card so easy to create. Hope you like it!!

Supplies:
Stamps: Frames with a Flourish (retired), Lovely Letters Alphabet, Pocket Silhouettes, Together Forever
Paper: Very Vanilla, Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Stamp-a-ma-jig (for lining everything up!!!), Chocolate Chip 5/8" Grosgrain ribbon, Dimensionals

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rene...this is magnificent! Not only the card, but the idea behind it. I got a unique wedding invitation in the mail this week and I can't wait to use your idea to create the card we will take to the wedding. Thanks for the inspiration! -- Ami