Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tearing & Spritzing

For my club this month I had a request to show a tearing technique and some spritzing (with the Color Spritzer). This is the card I came up with:

I'm loving this new set Autumn Days ~ it makes such great masculine cards. I just tore the edge (about 1/2" in) on the Chocolate Chip. I then layered it onto a Naturals Ivory base after stamping the leaf image from this set using Chocolate Chip ink on the Chocolate Chip card stock...makes a great background! We stamped the pheasant in Chocolate Chip on the Naturals Ivory card stock layered it onto the Always Artichoke and used the Color Spritzer with the Chocolate Chip marker to antique/distress the two layers. Do you like the notches in the Always Artichoke? Well that's done using the Horizontal Slot punch. Just slide it about halfway in and punch on each side ~ makes a great "catch" for the Hemp Twine which always seems a little uncontrollable to me but is the perfect touch to a masculine card...we just circled the card stock twice with the hemp twine and tied it in a knot on the front. Hope you like it!!

See you tomorrow...

Supplies:
Stamps: Autumn Days, Sincere Salutations
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Always Artichoke, Naturals Ivory
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Hemp Twine, Horizontal Slot punch, Color Spritzer

No comments: