Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My other Hawaii swap...

Good morning, all! I wanted to share my other swap for Hawaii. This is the swap in progress....




....lots and lots of pieces! But I still like the way they look...They come together to make this ~

I just love the little details on this card...from the distressed, gold edging to the Eyelet Border punch across the bottom. I thought this came together to be very "French country" looking ~ exactly what I was after...

Details: I used the Gold Encore ink to stamp En Francais on Basic Black cardstock for the background, then rubbed the Gold ink pad around the edges to define them a little more. I then stamped the main image from Le Jardin Botanique in Basic Black ink and colored using a Blender Pen and Pastels. Then I used Sahara Sand on the En Francais background stamp, stamped off, then stamped the background of the main image. Add some color spritzing with Sahara Sand to age it a little more, distress the edges, and run them through the Gold Encore ink pad. Love the aged, distressed look this created! I did the same process on the oval image of the words. Once these steps were completed, I just layered everything and attached it to a Sahara Sand base. Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:

  • Stamps: Le Jardin Botanique, En Francais
  • Cardstock: Urban Oasis DSP, Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Kiwi Kiss, Sahara Sand
  • Ink: Basic Black, Sahara Sand, Gold Encore
  • Accessories: Cutter Kit (distressing tool), Eyelet Border punch, 1-3/8" Circle punch, 1-1/4" Circle punch, Large Oval punch, Kraft Taffeta Ribbon, Blender Pen, Stampin' Pastels

No comments: