Monday, May 4, 2009

Other Club Card from April

Here is the other Club card we did for the month of April. Brent Steele showed us how to cut the butterfly out with the Hobby Blade in Hawaii and I just loved the 3-dimensional look it gave it. And...it's actually easier than you think and it looks better than you think it's going to when you first start cutting it. When I started cutting mine for the sample, I thought, "Oh, this isn't going well! I think I might have to scrap this little touch and just stamp the image." But, I persevered and it turned out better than I thought it was going to ~ SO...don't give up...finish it out and see how it turns out! And notice that touch of Baja Breeze underneath the wings? ~ think of all the great effects you'll get using a contrasting color for the background!

We stamped the butterfly from Great Friend using the Rock-N-Roll technique...first inking the stamp in Baja Breeze, then rolling the edges around the Basic Gray ink. After stamping the image, we used the Hobby Blade on the Cutting Mat and cut out only the wings, leaving the center attached to the Whisper White.

Hope you like it!! Come back soon...

Supplies:
Stamps: Great Friend (Occasions Mini)
Cardstock: Walk in the Park DSP (Occasions Mini), Basic Gray, Whisper White, Cameo Coral, Baja Breeze
Ink: Cameo Coral, Baja Breeze, Basic Gray
Accessories: Eyelet Border punch, 1-3/8" Square punch (for DSP pieces), Basic Gray Taffeta ribbon, Hobby Blade, Cutting Mat

1 comment:

Eva Dingwall said...

Compliments on the card design!!! When I made my card like this at the workshop last month, I stamped the inside for Mother's Day. My Mom said it was the prettiest card I'd sent her way! Thought you'd like to know!