Monday, April 13, 2009

A Card from a Class

I hope you all had a blessed Easter ~ mine was spent with family and friends...so enjoyable and fun!! My husband's aunt does a huge Easter egg hunt where all the kids hunt eggs with fake money in them. They then get to take the money that was in their eggs and go shopping in her "store." In her store are probably a hundred toys ranging in price from $1 or $2 up to around $30. The first gift they buy is for someone else, then they use the rest of their money to buy whatever they want...taking turns from youngest to oldest. We also have a potluck meal together...so nice to sit and catch up with everyone!

I thought I would share a card I did a couple of weeks ago. This is one of the cards I did for my class a couple of Thursdays ago...


I had looked on Splitcoaststampers and found a layout I liked and made a few changes ~ I had several new stampers that came and I wanted to highlight new stamp sets plus the pastels and how you color with Blender Pens along with a basic layout. I think the pastels are one of the best-value products we carry. You get all 48 colors plus the neutrals ~ buy a pack of paper plus the blender pens and either a Basic Black or a Chocolate Chip ink pad with a basic line-art stamp set and you're ready to start creating cards without putting a whole lot of money into it. Then you only have to buy new packs of paper to get different color options since you have all 48 colors in the pastels.

Hope you like it!

Supplies:
Stamps: Soft Summer (Occasions Mini)
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip DSP, Chocolate Chip, Ruby Red, Naturals Ivory
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Chocolate Chip 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon, Stampin' Pastels, Blender Pens, Corner Rounder punch, Wide Oval punch, Key Tag punch

No comments: