Thursday, April 30, 2009

Last 2 Thank Yous...

Here are the last 2 Thank You cards from my card class.

I love the colors in the first card ~ Kraft, Whisper White, and Barely Banana. I always have such a hard time using Soft Subtles but this combination really looked better than I thought ~ throw in a little Chocolate Chip & it's perfect!! Isn't everything better with a little Chocolate Chip!! ~ that's always the color I'm almost out of! What about you?

Thank you to Jackie Pedro for the inspiration! Her card wasn't made using a Stampin' Up! stamp...but it's so easy to take an idea someone else has and adapt it to at least one of Stampin' Up!'s stamps...

Supplies:
Stamps: Dream a Little, Thank You Kindly
Cardstock: Kraft, Whisper White, Barely Banana
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Scallop Edge punch, Organza Ribbon, Button Latte Designer Buttons


The second card was basically a copy of a card done by Christine Creations ~ but I didn't have that polka dot ribbon she used so I changed it to polka dot paper. Plus I skipped out on the paper piercing and brads ~ I had to simplify so my customers could get more cards done while they were here ~ especially since this class was all about stocking up on Thank You cards! Check out the background on the top half of the card ~ I love adding just a touch of Versamark to create a background...adds so much to a card without overdoing it ~ especially when it's a repeat of the stamp you're using on the card!

Supplies:
Stamps: Soft Summer, Thank You Kindly
Cardstock: Bella Rose DSP, Not Quite Navy, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Not Quite Navy, Versamark
Accessories: Eyelet Border punch, Sponges, Chocolate Chip 1/2" Library Clip, Chocolate Chip Taffeta ribbon

Thanks for stopping by!!

No comments: