Monday, September 28, 2009

Layer, Emboss, and Embellish

This card has lots of layers and lots of extras but I love how the hardware is used and how well the colors work together to create a non-traditional Christmas card. This is the 3rd card we did at the Christmas card Stamp-a-Stack I held on Saturday. Probably my favorite part of this card is how the Clear Rhinestone brad fits right into the center of the Jumbo Grommet...what a great look for the center of the biggest snowflake image from the set Serene Snowflakes out of the Holiday Mini. One thing I didi change for my customers kits is I recommended they use Bordering Blue for the smaller snowflake images for the background done on the Bordering Blue card stock...the Versamark I used just didn't show up enough for my taste. Anytime you use tone-on-tone ink (meaning you use the same ink color on the same color card stock), you get such a great look for backgrounds. And, please ignore the crooked words on the embossing...sometimes life just isn't too straight! ;D

Hope you like it! See you tomorrow...

Supplies:
Stamps: Serene Snowflakes, Many Merry Messages
Paper: Kraft, Bordering Blue, Whisper White, Brushed Silver, Bella Bleu DSP
Ink: Whisper White Craft, Versamark
Accessories: Whisper White Organza ribbon, Kraft Taffeta ribbon, Designer Hardware ~ Basic Jumbo Grommets (Whisper White), Clear Rhinestone brads, White Embossing Powder, Silver Embossing Powder
Tools: Scallop Edge punch, Paper Piercer, Heat Tool

No comments: