Saturday, September 26, 2009

Christmas Card from Stamp-a-Stack

Hi, Everyone!

I had my first Christmas Card Stamp-a-Stack today. I usually end up offering 3 or 4 big Christmas card classes in the fall ~ gives everyone the opportunity to get all of their Christmas cards made. Anyway, here is the first of the four cards that we made:


Usually cards for my Christmas Stamp-a-Stacks are a little more involved...multi-step, extra embellishments and layers. This card was a remake of one I had seen on Splitcoaststampers. I had to update it to where it's using all current product as the sample I saw was from last year. No special techqnies were used ~ it's pretty much direct-to-paper stamping. A few tricks on this card...on the French words stamp En Francais, I used a piece of scrap paper to cover the right hand side of the Very Vanilla and then inked up just the upper right hand corner of the stamp and pressed it down on the left hand side of the Very Vanilla...just puts the words on the left hand side of the "postcard." Then on the Chocolate Chip Designer Series Paper that's layered behind the deer ~ I had to sponge Very Vanilla Craft ink on it to color the white to make it match the rest of the card. To get the line down the center, I centered the Very Vanilla in my paper cutter and used a Chocolate Chip marker down the cutting "alley" to draw the line in. The postmark and snowflake were stamped-off in Sahara Sand to make them faint. To finish I just used sponges with Close to Cocoa and Chocolate Chip to age the Very Vanilla.

Hope you like it! Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:
Stamps: Winter Post, En Francais, Elegant Thank You
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip DSP
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Sahara Sand
Accessories: Sleigh Bells ribbon (Holiday Mini), Chocolate Chip marker, Old Olive marker, Vintage brads (antique brass), Stampin' Dimensionals
Tools: 1-3/8" Square punch, Cutter Kit (to distress edges), Bone Folder (to curl corner)

No comments: